The Center for Modern Turkish Studies, CEMTS, supports original and top-notch research on Turkey within the context of Social Sciences and Humanities and contributes to the creation of knowledge concerning Turkey’s last two centuries.
In an effort to be a center of excellence in Turkish Studies, CEMTS is pleased to offer several internship positions that will support our team.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with a strong interest in the fields of humanities and social sciences. Serving as an intern is a great way to impress your future employers. Our internship program provides you with excellent working experience in a professional environment. In addition to the administrative, organizational, and professional skills that you will gain during your time at the Center, such as task assessment, team building, prioritization, attention to detail, self-motivation and integrity, effective energy and time management, you will also enjoy many other benefits that our center has to offer including:
- Şehir University ID and e-mail address (for temporary staff)
- Unlimited access to the Library
- Shared office with fully equipped desk (phone, stationery, etc.)
- Computer/IT support
- ECTS credits transferrable to your home university.
CEMTS selects interns through an ‘open call’ application process that undergoes careful selection procedure. Interns are awarded certificates upon the successful completion of the internship.
Please find below the description of duties and responsibilities of your future internship.
Location: Dragos, İstanbul
Function types: Support staff (Clerical, Administrative, Facility)
Employer: Istanbul Şehir University’s Center for Modern Turkish Studies
Tasks to be carried out by the interns are as follows:
- Provide assistance to faculty members or staff with their research,
- Help develop the Center’s programs and teaching materials such as syllabi, visual aids, answer keys, supplementary notes, and course websites,
- Assist academic activities organized by the university and the Center,
- Assist the director of the Center,
- Provide assistance with updating the Center’s website,
- Other administrative duties as needed.
- Be an undergraduate or a graduate (MA and PhD) student,
- Excellent communication and computer skills including competence in MS Office programmes,
- Excellent writing and comprehension skills in English (Having IELTS/6,5, TOEFL/80 scores would be an advantage),
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Proactive and independent working style,
- Experience in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr and Youtube;
- Self-starter, positive attitude, flexible, team player,
- Interested in working in an international environment.
If you want to join CEMTS’s internship program, please fill out the application form in English. Selection committee will assess the applications on a rolling basis and if your qualifications match the requirements you will receive an invitation. For those whose applications are rejected, the Center will send a letter explaining the reason.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our Center!
Center for Modern Turkish Studies
Istanbul Şehir University
Tel: +90 (216) 444 40 34